[ddots-l] Warning about Installing X Series of SONAR on Machines where CakeTalking and SONAR 8.5 are Installed

  • From: "Bill" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:33:27 -0500

We have some nice things to look forward to when David Pinto can get his
scripts working for X3.  But, a word of caution: installing SONAR X1, X2, or
X3 on the same system where you have SONAR 8.5 installed will destabilize
CakeTalking because the X-series installer will update your Dimension Pro
and other components to more recent, unsupported versions.  We strongly
suggest that you install any of the X-series versions of SONAR on a separate
machine.

Bill