[ddots-l] Re: Warning about Installing X Series of SONAR on Machines where CakeTalking and SONAR 8.5 are Installed

  • From: "Nick Daniels" <nick.dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 19:22:23 -0000

Well we'll worry about that when the time comes. We probably won't get it for another 6 months or even a year. by then, x4 may have come out by then. we'll just have to wait and see.

-----Original Message----- From: Jack Conti
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 6:56 PM
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: Warning about Installing X Series of SONAR on Machines where CakeTalking and SONAR 8.5 are Installed

so it appears this will make it difficult for us to go to sonar x3,
oh boy...  that is to say if we have 1 machine.
 At 11:50 AM 11/19/2013, you wrote:
If you install X3 on any machine on which you already have CakeTalking
installed and working well with SONAR 8.5, you will quickly find that
CakeTalking no longer works very well at all with SONAR 8.5 on that machine.
You could try uninstalling SONAR 8.5 completely but consult Cakewalk on how
to do so without leaving any trace behind. It may not be so simple. Again,
We strongly suggest that you install any of the X-series versions of SONAR
on a separate machine.