[ddots-l] Re: Warning about Installing X Series of SONAR on Machines where CakeTalking and SONAR 8.5 are Installed

  • From: "Bill" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:48:49 -0500

> so it appears this will make it difficult for us to go to sonar x3

In fact, you will have no problem upgrading to X3 per se.  But you will
definitely have problems trying to run SONAR 8.5 with CakeTalking or any
other scripts that are looking for previous versions of Dimension Pro and
other components.  Not to mention, of course, that unless you have the
services of a patient human screen reader, you may not be able to do too
much independent work with X3 itself.

Bill