[ddots-l] Re: Studio moniters

  • From: "Sean A. Cummins" <Sean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:31:08 -0700

Hay Folks!  Have any of you ever heard the Tannoy Precision 8D's?  I use them
and their phenomenal!!  The major reason is that I'm running completely digital
at 96 KHz from my Tascam 1884 SPDIF out to a Samson D-2500 1/3 octave EQ SPDIF
in and then SPDIF out to my Tannoy Precision 8D's SPDIF ins!  Sorry... but I
haven't heard anything even come close .  I used a spectrum analyzer and the 31
band EQ with the selectable DIP switches on the back of the Tannoy's for
complete room equalization.  These monitors are new and pricy, but before you
pass over some of their little brothers, used on EBay, ask around about
Tannoys.  You'll  find people either know what their all about, or they haven't
yet had the opportunity to hear a pare.

Good luck with all of your endeavors.

Sean