[ddots-l] Re: Question about laptops

  • From: "Bill" <billlist1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 09:00:49 -0400

Hi, Neville,

JAWS may be looking for the Caps Lock key to function as the "JAWS Key" and
not the INSERT Key on your laptop.  I have to use the laptop's "FN" Key in
conjunction with the standard function keys on my laptop or I get unexpected
results.  The best one is that one of the function keys (I forget which one
now) actually mutes the sound card!  Naturally, that creates big problems
for a blind guy using a screen reader to operate the computer.

Bill McCann
www.DancingDots.com
Tel: [001] 610-783-6692