[ddots-l] Re: A SUPER BEGINNER Question

  • From: "Dave Wilkinson" <davewilkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 20:56:05 -0600

Many thanks!  So now here's round 2.

What is the advantage of using my keyboard as a MIDI device?  I could go
through a mixer and use it as as just an audio input couldn't I?

Also, I know I'll have to choose the keyboard as a MIDI out, but before
it's installed, why does nothing show up for the MIDI out?  I have an
Echo Indigo sound card.  Shouldn't that be able to be used as a MIDI
output device?
!  I used to do editing with tape in college, but that was YEARS ago!
I've REALLY wanted to get back into all this, but have just had one hell
of a block!

Thanks again.
Dave
Again, thank you for your patience.  I've had some of this stuff FOREVER

Candles for Christmas?
http://www.candledream.scent-team.com/home.php