[softwarelist] Re: speak module

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 11:32:53 +0100

In article <3793937c4f.fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Frederick Bambrough
<fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4f7c87328ecolin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Colin Wood
>           <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've moved OvationPro from my Iyonix to VRPC-Adjust.

> [snip]

> > One further question. I used to have a utility (module?) which
> > put files dropped on to the HardDisc4 icon into a subdirectory.
> > Can anyone tell me what it is called, and where I'd get it?

> That's a feature of RISC OS 4. You can change where files are saved
> by putting an obey file somewhere (Tasks) containing;

> Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir <destination dir>

What am I doing incorrectly?

I have an Obey file in ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks with
the line...........

Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir Temporary

where Temporary is a directory in ADFS::HardDisc4.$

whenever I drop a file onto HardDisc4 it always appears in the $
directory instead of Temporary directory.

I'm sure I've tried this before and could never get it to work :-(

OS: RISC OS 5

Regards

Richard