[softwarelist] speak module

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:29:02 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4f7d4f2d8driscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What am I doing incorrectly?

> I have an Obey file in ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks with
> the line...........

> Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir Temporary

> where Temporary is a directory in ADFS::HardDisc4.$

> whenever I drop a file onto HardDisc4 it always appears in the $
> directory instead of Temporary directory.

> I'm sure I've tried this before and could never get it to work :-(

> OS: RISC OS 5

> Regards

> Richard

I really don't know what you might be doing wrong Richard, as I use a
similar system and it works under Select RISC OS. So I can't help, But...

I have an Obey file inside  ...Tasks with the line...

Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir Temp

Where Temp is the directory In $ called Temp.

I'll test again to make sure it's still okay...<Pause>

Yup! The file I dropped on the HD4 icon bar icon was put into .$.Temp and
the Temp filer window auto opened.

Reporter (Always running in a corner of my desktop) shows it to be working
without Err.
Cheers
Dave S