[softwarelist] Re: speak module

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 13:50:49 GMT

On 9 Mar, Richard Ashbery  wrote in message
  <4f7d4f2d8driscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In article <3793937c4f.fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Frederick Bambrough
> <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > That's a feature of RISC OS 4. You can change where files are saved by
> > putting an obey file somewhere (Tasks) containing;
>
> > Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir <destination dir>
>
> What am I doing incorrectly?
>
> I have an Obey file in ADFS::HardDisc4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.Tasks with
> the line...........
>
> Set ADFSFiler$DefaultDir Temporary
>
> where Temporary is a directory in ADFS::HardDisc4.$
>
> whenever I drop a file onto HardDisc4 it always appears in the $
> directory instead of Temporary directory.
>
> I'm sure I've tried this before and could never get it to work :-(
>
> OS: RISC OS 5

On RISC OS 5 it looks as if you want to set ADFSFiler$DefaultPath, not
$DefaultDir.  Otherwise, it seems (from a five second experimentation:
I've never actually used the feature) to work the same.  So, amend your
Obey file to read

  Set ADFSFiler$DefaultPath Temporary

and it should do what you want.  Probably.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/