[softwarelist] Windows version has "stopped working"

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:07:01 +0100

In article <RK4sGeGRF+DHFw9Y@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

[Snip]

> I see from the screen shot that you installed a lot of updates.

> I suppose the main thing here is that you're using Vista. One obvious
> course is for me to get the updates for my copy of Vista and see if I
> can still run OP. If I can't then fixing the problem becomes a lot
> easier.

> I'm thinking back to when Vista came out, and there were problems with
> OP... ideas that always come up are things like how Vista can be
> configured to not run certain types of code as a security measure.

> So I'll go away and try the Vista updates - over the weekend.

David
I'm using Win OvPro version 2.92 (22nd June 2007) on a Vista run Laptop
without any particular problems.

Windows updates including "Defender" are completely up to date as of this
past weeks supply.

One point I would make about installing almost anything on a Vista based
machine, because of the cretinous security measures incorported by MS.

At install. Always click RH mouse button over the .exe installer and
select "Run as Administrator" it seems to save aggravation at a later time.

Cheers
Dave S