[softwarelist] Re: Windows version has "stopped working"

  • From: Peter Jennings <aoum51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:32:48 +0100

David Pilling wrote:
In message <470E82D2.5050201@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Peter Jennings <aoum51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I have been using Ovation Pro on my new Windows Vista computer for the last few weeks but it has now "stopped working" (as confirmed by a Windows message).

Can you tell me more, like the exact messages from Windows and exactly what provokes them?

Windows has given one explanation: that it can't find the OvProDocument.dpd file in my Documents folder!

So how where you attempting to load that file - what was the message and what was the name of the file?

Often in Windows one can mark error messages and then copy/paste them, saves a lot of time.

The Windows messages are not really helpful. When I try to run Ovation Pro I get two in succession which just say: "OvnPro has stopped working. Windows is checking for a solution to the problem." This is followed by: "OvnPro has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." There are no further messages.

I normally start Ovation Pro from a short cut on the desktop but I have also been trying clicking on the "OvnPro" application in the Program Files Ovation Pro folder.

I have tried uninstalling the program using the Ovation Pro "Uninstall" application. I get a message that the program has been uninstalled but it is still in the folder!

The "OvProDocument" in the Documents folder is a blank document template which I normally access from its own short cut on the desktop and this usually runs the program. I now get the Windows can't find the document message if I click on that and I got the same message once when I clicked on the OvnPro application in Program Files.

Shall I try reinstalling Ovation Pro from the original disc and then upgrading again or will the two copies now on the computer, and seemingly unable to be uninstalled, affect that?

Regards
Peter Jennings

Inbox protected by ClearMyMail
www.ClearMyMail.com {d84608e2ef2a43c09d38b957982dadea}