[softwarelist] Re: Windows version has "stopped working"

  • From: Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 08:03:55 +0100

In article <83v35XCQqSEHFwjB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4f310a1ac5dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> writes

> >I'm using Win OvPro version 2.92 (22nd June 2007) on a Vista run Laptop
> >without any particular problems.

> Thanks. I'd much rather you had said it fell over... 8-)

> >At install. Always click RH mouse button over the .exe installer and
> >select "Run as Administrator" it seems to save aggravation at a later
> >time.

> Yes. Below is what I wrote on the 15th of March to this list

[Snip]

  8-) Sorry I couldn't give you any good news then.  ;-)

To be honest... I think the RO OvPro has fallen over more times than the
Windows version. That said the RO version does get more use.

It is an incredible boon to be able to create and use the Ov documents on
either OS, but of course the one remaining downer is, I still can't output
it as a Word Doc to send to the customers who only use that.(Thing)

Actually David after re-reading that, I've just remembered, I'm parroting
old stuff... I don't think it matters that much, as these days I print out
of Win OvPro directly to a PDF creator and send them the PDF.

To your note of March 15th... I do vaguely remember reading your note, and
it has been repeated by quite a few software companies Tech support people
that I've spoken to since I got the Vista laptop.

Cheers and thanks for the good work.
Dave S