[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: Andy.Ling@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:16:34 +0100

Rob Greenfield wrote on 26/06/2008 10:31:25:

> People at school appear to be impressed that I can create .pdf files. Is
> this built into OvPro for Windows? Average users would like that.

Generating PDF on windows is almost trivial. There are many free
bits of software like PDFCreator that create a new printer. If
you print to it then a window pops up to save a PDF file. These
may not be perfect print shop quality PDF files, but they work
well as a standard exchange format.

Most use the GNU ps and PDF stuff. So are similar to some of the
tools on RISC OS

> They might even enjoy using OvPro. Noone I know likes using Word.

I am being encouraged (forced) to use Word at work. I spent hours
yesterday trying to work out how to generate and use a template.

It is not a nice piece of software. It is just widely used. Just
like Windows.

Andy Ling

--

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only. Its contents may be
privileged or confidential and should be treated as such. If you are not