[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: Qercus editor <editor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 12:55:07 +0100

On 24 Jun, Robert Greenfield <monster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Any other possible features or improvements?
> - I'd like a 'screen redraw' button to clear the occasional detritus left
> by processes.

> - A biggie this one - I'd like closer interaction between Artworks &
> OvPro. Sometimes you are in Artworks and you would like (say) the fancier
> text frames offered by OvPro. Or perhaps you have drawn a line or shape in
> OvPro and want the fancier line/shape editing offered by Artworks.
> Imagine if it could be like OLE 'in-situ' in the document.
> Also, ability to load OvPro documents into Artworks for PDF generation,
> bitmap export etc. would be great. Could DDL potentially be used for this?

I'd love to be able to save a page (or sample part of a page) from Ovation Pro
and load it straight back into a frame in Ovation Pro at reduced size.
I'd like to be able to interrogate an Ovation Pro file and see a report of
which graphics didn't match a set standard (eg for colours & dpi).
I'd give a great deal to be able to directly export an Ovation Pro file as
linked or separate pages in pdf form for commercial printing.

--
John Cartmell - editor AT qercus.com  www.qercus.com   www.acornuser.com
        Qercus/Acorn User: reporting on computers & computing since 1982