[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 22:21:42 +0100

In message <4fb4880549bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Brian Bailey <bbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

approach/model for an update, which may not work at all. No doubt David
already knows what does or does not work for him in that regard. Perhaps
he might wish to share his views with us on this aspect of OvatPro
development to move the discussion forward.

This discussion began with me saying that Ovation Pro had, over 20 years, proved to be a failure and I wanted to move on to something else - and the one thing I would not do again is work on RISC OS.

We are now talking about an upgrade for the RISC OS version 8-)

I know there are people who use Ovation Pro, I appreciate your support over the years.

You're the users, it is fair to point out my current feelings. We can go on as for the last two years - in maintenance mode, keeping the program working as RISC OS and Windows evolve. Or someone can come up with a better idea.

A RISC OS upgrade is not a better idea...