[softwarelist] Re: O-Pro's future

  • From: "Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 10:37:01 +0100

In article <4fb3df9051Paul@xxxxxxxx>,
   Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <4fb3d31088Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Torrens (lists) <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > To anyone already interested in O-Pro, yes some of them are pretty
> > examples of what O-Pro and Vector can do, e.g.
> > http://www.4qd.co.uk/instrs/OPro/Pro_150Ser.dpd but it's hardly going to
> > attract new users.

> I think that pretty examples might help to attract attention indeed, but
> it would be much better if we could somehow make clear how EASY it is to
> create such examples - often even much easier than in Impression, that
> many people still appear to consider superior. However, I've no idea how
> this should be made clear in examples.

Indeed. But until people have noticed O-Pro, they aren't going to be
interested in using it!

But you raise another point. If we can find the right project it's going
to be enjoyable using O-Pro to do it!

The only reason that I bothered to do the Libretti is that O-Pro is
enjoyable and relaxing to use.

No amount of telling potential new users how much fun it is and how easy
it is will ever convince them (unless someone wants to fork out for hugely
expensive advertising) as this will simply be dismissed as sales hype.
Remember that for most peple using anything under windoze is not fun. They
simply know no better!