[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 22:14:00 +0000

On 2 Nov, David Pilling wrote in message
    <5456A1A1.5000209@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On 02/11/2014 20:27, Peter Young wrote:
>
> > has been raised that one of my applets might not be 32-bit, and I do
> > have quite a few applets. In particular, it's been suggested that the
> > applet that produces the menu Picture > Process could be the culprit. I
> > didn't think that was produced by and applet, but the suggestion came
> > from someone whose opinion I respect. I can't find any applet that looks
> > as if it would produce this item; can anyone enlighten me, please?
>
> It is the colour supplement applet ColSup.
>
> I've read the ARM Mini list posting, "too unstable to use on Beagle", my
> usual excuse, if no one reports bugs they don't get fixed.

Hmm. Try <mpro.mqysxv09n0pnk01ok.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> and the
subsequent thread.

> Which implies Colour Sup 1.17 was re-compiled for ARM v7, so if you have
> that version it should be OK.

I have that version, and the other stated ARMv7 OK bits and pieces. O-Pro is
still pretty much guaranteed to fall over within minutes if I apply
processing to an ArtWorks image. It dies randomly, but much less frequently,
at other times as well.

I've done the DDL thing more times than I care to remember.

I'm afraid that disinterested tone of <vVmca0Egcl$RFwTp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
made me decide that it wasn't worth pursuing a solution (something that
would be nigh-on impossible without the assistance of the developer, I
suspect).

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/