[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 21:26:57 +0000

Hi Peter,

On 02/11/2014 20:27, Peter Young wrote:
has been raised that one of my applets might not be 32-bit, and I do
have quite a few applets. In particular, it's been suggested that the
applet that produces the menu Picture > Process could be the culprit.
I didn't think that was produced by and applet, but the suggestion
came from someone whose opinion I respect. I can't find any applet
that looks as if it would produce this item; can anyone enlighten me,
please?

It is the colour supplement applet ColSup.

I've read the ARM Mini list posting, "too unstable to use on Beagle", my usual excuse, if no one reports bugs they don't get fixed.

32 bits is one question, there are 32 bit versions of the handful of applets that are in ARM code, should be no question about if you have a 32 bit version. However ARM v7 is another matter.

But it says on my website
"to upgrade from versions 2.6x. 26/32 bit compatible. Version of 24th October 2012 can be used without updating Shared C library etc. Note for Beagle board, ARM v7 architecture you should get Colour Supplement applet version 1.17 and Ovation 1 applet version 1.06 or later"

Which implies Colour Sup 1.17 was re-compiled for ARM v7, so if you have that version it should be OK.

www.davidpilling.com