[softwarelist] Re: 32-bit OPro applets.

  • From: Mik Towse <mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 11:51:54 +0000

In article <14cf636154.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Peter Young  wrote:
> On 4 Nov 2014  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[snip]
> > If the whole machine is stiffed, that is more difficult.
>
> > Usually bugs can be found. But at the moment, I'm thinking, what
> > machine, which version of RISC OS, what else is running [1]
> Yes, my problems only happen when I'm using two programs at the same
> time. It happened this morning when I ran NetSurf while OPro was on
> the icon bar.
Is this ANY two or the same two?

When I read this my first thought was that you have a physical memory
problem. Is the memory removable; can it be reseated/swapped around?

Sorry, I don't know anything about the board, but I've had similar issues on
a PC whose memory modules only worked together if they are installed in the
'right' order. Since Martin says things work on his m/c, it might be worth
ruling out any hardware issues.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse@xxxxxxxxx * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Even the best of friends cannot attend each other's funeral.
Kehlog Albran