[darkagebritain] Re: Aetius' fourth consulship

  • From: Matthew Richardson <m.t.richardson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: darkagebritain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 09:43:03 -0400

Robert,

This is interesting information. Kevin has suggested that the
reference to Aetius as 'thrice consul' was anachronistic, but the
difficulty with that view is that it was believed that Aetius was
consul four times. If this information is correct, then there is no
longer any contradiction.

Matt Richardson