[cst_board] Re: Collindale Handbook

  • From: Heidi M Mechtenberg <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cst_board@freelists org" <cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 16:47:11 -0600

Good suggestion! Could easily be tabulated by records kept.
Heidi

On April 12, 2015, at 10:48 PM, RENEE OSTERGREN <rostergren@xxxxxxx> wrote:

WoW - Impressive work Heidi :-)

Maybe a section where the team keeps a running list of past activities done
during different years.  Would we want like a Historian section where we track
each year of coaches, board members, # of swimmers, etc?

Renée Ostergren

~ enjoy the now ~

On Apr 12, 2015, at 3:43 PM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg
<mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In an effort to redeem myself for my atrocious scheduling abilities – I have
worked today to provide some outline for the Collindale Swim Team Handbook.
Please take a look at these documents and feel free to bleed all over them with
your edits.  I am sure I’ve left things out that should be there – so take this
as a first run.  I have then tried to take each individual’s calendar and meld
it into one Master Calendar.  Again, I am sure I’ve forgotten something – so
feel free to modify at will.  This would be good reading material if you have
insomnia – though it’s been keeping me awake for days as I think about it and
procrastinate doing it!

I am probably weakest in the Treasurer and Merchandising positions.  John, I
know you have been doing far more as secretary, but in going forward, this is
how the position could shape out. Renee, I’ve expanded the VP position
considerably since I felt like your talents were not being utilized fully –
namely your much superior scheduling and organizational skills!

As for the organization of the handbook – here is what might make sense by
section (though again – up for consideration):

1,  Master Calendar

2.  Individual Board Member Responsibilities and Calendar

3.  Technology Information (John – sorry but you will probably have to write
this section entirely)

            Dropbox information

            Team Unify – website and meet and volunteer sign-ups

            On-line Registration

            Hi-Tek

            Contact List

            Other?

4.  Parent Information Packet

5.  Reimbursement Forms

6.  Contracts

7.  By-Laws

8.  League Contact Information

9.  Thumb drive with all this on it??

10. Anything else??

This is a beginning.  Once this is complete – I can begin hammering out a tool
for City Meet – and work with the other teams on that.  I see it as an
expansion of our current calendar on the one hand – and taking information from
other teams on best practices.

If I accomplish these two handbooks – then I will feel very good about retiring
from the President’s position at the end of the year.  All our jobs are to find
our replacements this year!!

Take care and have a good rest of your day.

-Heidi

<Handbook - Board Responsibilities and Calendars.docx><Collindale Master
Calendar for CAPS Board.docx>