[cst_board] Collindale Handbook

  • From: "Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg" <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 15:43:09 -0600

In an effort to redeem myself for my atrocious scheduling abilities - I have
worked today to provide some outline for the Collindale Swim Team Handbook.
Please take a look at these documents and feel free to bleed all over them
with your edits. I am sure I've left things out that should be there - so
take this as a first run. I have then tried to take each individual's
calendar and meld it into one Master Calendar. Again, I am sure I've
forgotten something - so feel free to modify at will. This would be good
reading material if you have insomnia - though it's been keeping me awake
for days as I think about it and procrastinate doing it!

I am probably weakest in the Treasurer and Merchandising positions. John, I
know you have been doing far more as secretary, but in going forward, this
is how the position could shape out. Renee, I've expanded the VP position
considerably since I felt like your talents were not being utilized fully -
namely your much superior scheduling and organizational skills!

As for the organization of the handbook - here is what might make sense by
section (though again - up for consideration):

1, Master Calendar

2. Individual Board Member Responsibilities and Calendar

3. Technology Information (John - sorry but you will probably have to write
this section entirely)

Dropbox information

Team Unify - website and meet and volunteer sign-ups

On-line Registration

Hi-Tek

Contact List

Other?

4. Parent Information Packet

5. Reimbursement Forms

6. Contracts

7. By-Laws

8. League Contact Information

9. Thumb drive with all this on it??

10. Anything else??

This is a beginning. Once this is complete - I can begin hammering out a
tool for City Meet - and work with the other teams on that. I see it as an
expansion of our current calendar on the one hand - and taking information
from other teams on best practices.

If I accomplish these two handbooks - then I will feel very good about
retiring from the President's position at the end of the year. All our jobs
are to find our replacements this year!!

Take care and have a good rest of your day.

-Heidi