[cst_board] Re: Collindale Handbook

  • From: RENEE OSTERGREN <rostergren@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 22:48:53 -0600

WoW - Impressive work Heidi :-)

Maybe a section where the team keeps a running list of past activities done
during different years. Would we want like a Historian section where we track
each year of coaches, board members, # of swimmers, etc?

Renée Ostergren
~ enjoy the now ~

On Apr 12, 2015, at 3:43 PM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg
<mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In an effort to redeem myself for my atrocious scheduling abilities – I have
worked today to provide some outline for the Collindale Swim Team Handbook.
Please take a look at these documents and feel free to bleed all over them
with your edits. I am sure I’ve left things out that should be there – so
take this as a first run. I have then tried to take each individual’s
calendar and meld it into one Master Calendar. Again, I am sure I’ve
forgotten something – so feel free to modify at will. This would be good
reading material if you have insomnia – though it’s been keeping me awake for
days as I think about it and procrastinate doing it!

I am probably weakest in the Treasurer and Merchandising positions. John, I
know you have been doing far more as secretary, but in going forward, this is
how the position could shape out. Renee, I’ve expanded the VP position
considerably since I felt like your talents were not being utilized fully –
namely your much superior scheduling and organizational skills!

As for the organization of the handbook – here is what might make sense by
section (though again – up for consideration):

1, Master Calendar
2. Individual Board Member Responsibilities and Calendar
3. Technology Information (John – sorry but you will probably have to write
this section entirely)
Dropbox information
Team Unify – website and meet and volunteer sign-ups
On-line Registration
Hi-Tek
Contact List
Other?
4. Parent Information Packet
5. Reimbursement Forms
6. Contracts
7. By-Laws
8. League Contact Information
9. Thumb drive with all this on it??
10. Anything else??

This is a beginning. Once this is complete – I can begin hammering out a
tool for City Meet – and work with the other teams on that. I see it as an
expansion of our current calendar on the one hand – and taking information
from other teams on best practices.

If I accomplish these two handbooks – then I will feel very good about
retiring from the President’s position at the end of the year. All our jobs
are to find our replacements this year!!

Take care and have a good rest of your day.
-Heidi

<Handbook - Board Responsibilities and Calendars.docx><Collindale Master
Calendar for CAPS Board.docx>