[cst_board] Re: Collindale Handbook

  • From: Marlene Hutton <marlene.j.hutton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:17:11 -0600

This is an amazing amount of work, Heidi--thank-you! I like the dual formats. I would suggest that on the format with the overall month-by-month list, keeping each person's responsibilities together would make it easier to read. Perhaps one bold heading for each position, then bullets for each responsibility.--Marlene

On 4/12/2015 3:43 PM, Andy and Heidi Mechtenberg wrote:

In an effort to redeem myself for my atrocious scheduling abilities – I have worked today to provide some outline for the Collindale Swim Team Handbook. Please take a look at these documents and feel free to bleed all over them with your edits. I am sure I’ve left things out that should be there – so take this as a first run. I have then tried to take each individual’s calendar and meld it into one Master Calendar. Again, I am sure I’ve forgotten something – so feel free to modify at will. This would be good reading material if you have insomnia – though it’s been keeping me awake for days as I think about it and procrastinate doing it!

I am probably weakest in the Treasurer and Merchandising positions. John, I know you have been doing far more as secretary, but in going forward, this is how the position could shape out. Renee, I’ve expanded the VP position considerably since I felt like your talents were not being utilized fully – namely your much superior scheduling and organizational skills!

As for the organization of the handbook – here is what might make sense by section (though again – up for consideration):

1, Master Calendar

2. Individual Board Member Responsibilities and Calendar

3. Technology Information (John – sorry but you will probably have to write this section entirely)

Dropbox information

Team Unify – website and meet and volunteer sign-ups

On-line Registration

Hi-Tek

Contact List

Other?

4. Parent Information Packet

5. Reimbursement Forms

6. Contracts

7. By-Laws

8. League Contact Information

9. Thumb drive with all this on it??

10. Anything else??

This is a beginning. Once this is complete – I can begin hammering out a tool for City Meet – and work with the other teams on that. I see it as an expansion of our current calendar on the one hand – and taking information from other teams on best practices.

If I accomplish these two handbooks – then I will feel very good about retiring from the President’s position at the end of the year. All our jobs are to find our replacements this year!!

Take care and have a good rest of your day.

-Heidi