[CTS] Re: Vista PC Downgrade to XP

  • From: "Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:56:38 -0600

Hal does the same as me - test drive a showroom model and then walk off in
dismay. I did that 2 days after it came out - was driving by a Best Buy and
thought I'd stop in and hassle the Geek Squad dinks and play around with
Vist-ugh.

Eye candy is all the advantage is over W2k or XP. I'm down to 1 PC with XP,
the rest (except my antiques that are way old or non Intel) have W2k Pro.
Windows 2000 was Microshaft's climax, they are spiraling down more everytime
a new thing comes out.

Experimenting on a serious scale now with Linux now that excellent projects
like Open Office.org, Joomla!, Firefox 2 and other open source items are
becoming very good products. Yeah I have to keep a boot partition with W2k
for Quickbooks but that's it. Even AVG has a Linux version out.