[CTS] Vista PC Downgrade to XP

  • From: Ray Roney <qix_68@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 04:06:05 -0800 (PST)

I'm in search of a new PC.

I've looked at HP, Compaq, Gateway, and an E-Machines.

It makes me very ill that i can't just upgrade the parts as i've done in years
past and have a very economic upgrade....what upgrades I want, would cost me at
least 40-50% more than a whole new computer at this point for everything i'd
get on the upgraded new one.

I went & looked at a couple nice PC's at CompUSA (since they're going
out-of-business) and was informed by the Salesperson that if it came pre-loaded
with XP on it, it'd be fine with XP, but if it came pre-loaded with VISTA on
it, i could not DOWNGRADE it to XP because of "Hardware Problems".

Now, i've done complete "ground zero" reloads of my computer for MANY years
whenever i've had to.  So if that's what i'd have to do to make a Vista PC work
on XP, so be it.

I just want to know if this guy was just BS'ing me to get me to buy a Vista PC
(Which I can't stand Vista until they get the bugs worked out --OR-- SP1
(whichever one comes first)).

Thanks... :)

-- Ray --
"Still re-learning my tech skills" :)

"You Can See How Spoiled A Society Is...By What It Throws Away." -- Lynn
Johnston

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/