[CTS] Re: Vista PC Downgrade to XP

  • From: "Eric C. Vogel" <ECVogel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 14:07:09 -0500

Stop padding John's brain :-P

Thank you,
Eric Vogel ~Windows Live!  MVP~
http://www.msmvps.com/shelluser
http://shelluser.mvps.org
http://msn.mvps.org
----- Original Message ----- From: "Hal Brown" <hal.brown@xxxxxxxx>
To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 1:30 PM
Subject: [CTS] Re: Vista PC Downgrade to XP

I'm working toward only using Linux. There are programs I use a lot that I
can't run on Linux, and there are no alternatives for them. Gimp is not
PhotoShop by any stretch, and personally I don't even like it. So I keep a PC
for Windows XP with a few things that just won't work for me on Linux.

As a matter of fact lots of days I wouldn't even start Windows if not for my
PDA. I like the calendar/sync etc and there is no way I know to get around
that. I wish there was. Otherwise there would be no need most of the day.

I have even installed Office XP and every program in works pretty much the
same as Windows. Quite a few Windows apps work, but not enough yet.

In less than two years I hope to be completely free of Windows. My next
project is to get it on my laptop.

On 03/05/2007 12:56 pm, Russ Blakeman wrote:

Experimenting on a serious scale now with Linux now that excellent projects
like Open Office.org, Joomla!, Firefox 2 and other open source items are
becoming very good products. Yeah I have to keep a boot partition with W2k
for Quickbooks but that's it. Even AVG has a Linux version out.