[CTS] Re: Vista PC Downgrade to XP

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 05:14:49 -0800

A post from a local list I'm on:

--------------------

Anyone as disappointed with Vista as I am?

Recently purchased a "Vista Basic" notebook for my wife, Toshiba. Only
did so for the price (President's day sale) with the thought of loading
XP. Turns out this is a Vista only notebook as there are no XP drivers
and of course Toshiba has spec'd propritary hardware. Drivers direct
from ATI and others don't work.
Hours/Days later with a clean install of Vista Business and Office 2007
the hardware barely runs the software even will all the fluff turned
off. This is only half the battle. I have disabled UAC, etc but Vista
still gets in the way.
Long story short, I'm all in favor of principle of least privedge but...
If I'm using my domain admin account, I want to be an admin. To my way
of thinking, MS will need to release a hot fix or SP if they ever want a
business to adopt this. I have no time to deal with this getting in the
way at my place of business nor could I afford to spec each and every
desktop and notebook with 2GB of memory.

I see a trend going on here.......  :-O

On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 04:06:05 -0800 (PST), Ray Roney <qix_68@xxxxxxxxx> took time
to say the following:

> I just want to know if this guy was just BS'ing me to get me
> to buy a Vista PC (Which I can't stand Vista until they get
> the bugs worked out --OR-- SP1 (whichever one comes first)).
> Thanks... :)
>
> -- Ray --

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm