[CTS] Re: Vista

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:54:12 -0700

Trust me, you're going to be doing a LOT of learning! :-)  I
found out how to add the icons to the QLTB. You have to hold
the ctrl  key while dragging. Plus you have to turn auto hide
off because the taskbar won't raise automatically. At least
not here! :-O

So you have to run their modem software? That sucks. :-(  I'm
glad that I don't have to worry about that. Even when I was
working on a machine with WinME I could connect to the
internet without installing the software, although I think
that is because I'm using a router and that's basically
another computer sorta speak.

Well a lot of things are xp-like, so you won't be totally lost,
but a lot of things you might have gotten use to under XP is
totally different though. I like the way I can now see the
results on the desktop of the wallpaper changes. It will open
up the folder you choose and a box comes up with the images in
it, just click on the image and the desktop changes without
having to hit the "apply" button. Having a second monitor
helps a LOT, but if you minimize all the apps and just have
the wallpaper thingy open, you'll still see the changes.

A sidenote though. Doesn't have anything to do with Vista, but
I've always wondered why I can't have different wallpaper for
each monitor? I have google screensaver installed and XP's
slideshow is the same, that when the screensaver goes active,
there's a different picture on each screen. So the technology
is there! :-)

Well, I gotta get to Eric's message and then to XP. I need my
other four speakers! :-O

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:27:34 -0500, "Tina" <chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to
say the following:

> I'm so jealous!  I've always enjoyed new OS's, learning them and playing with
> them.  I won't be able to get Vista until Starband catches up.  Right now
> they aren't compatible and Starband says they aren't going to make the 360's
> (the modem I have) compatible, will have to go one step higher... read that,
> they want money. Jerks.
>
> I'm glad it all seemed to go so well for you!  Even with your little hiccups.
>  I've heard that Vista really looks different than XP.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Tee :)

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words of one who kneels

 ** YOUR HELP IS URGENTLY NEEDED **
DONATE to Hurricane Katrina victims: http://www.redcross.org/
DONATE Housing (Spare room, shelter) http://www.hurricanehousing.org/

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm