[CTS] Re: No CTS

  • From: Hal <hbrown@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 14:26:43 -0400

It's a DVD burner. I've had a CD burner(s) for years.

I use the full version of Nero, and DVD XCOPY for movies. TrueImage is the best I've found for backups. I don't keep years worth of CDs. Don't really see a reason for that. After a year I pitch anything that is no longer useful or duplicated.

What I like about DVD is, all small programs, updates, service packs, drivers, and whatever else I can think of will go onto one disk with room to spare.

At EST 01:26 PM 4/21/2004, - Cuffy10@xxxxxxx duly noted:

In a message dated 4/21/04 10:11:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time, hbrown@xxxxxxxx writes:
I love this thing. I may sleep with it.

You'll get over that as soon as you accumulate 200-300 cd's and want something off one of them.
Get Catfish or Cathy, freebies, to catalog all the items you burn......... otherwise you'll be lost.
What did you get for burner software? If you have Nero you can use it to make ISO images without ever burning anything to CD.
For daily backups it's hard to beat the image system. With a Virtual CD Drive loaded you can open the images in the virtual drive and use it like a HDD. Lots of ideas to play with so have fun but I really can't recommend a CDRom drive as a bedmate !!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough .<http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Groucho_Marx>Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

<http://www.nod32.com>http://www.nod32.com

-- Hal Brown http://adwt.com email: hal@xxxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Talk Shop http://www.computertalkshop.com Un-subscribe/Vacation, http://www.computertalkshop.com/list_options.htm

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm