Re: Peer review

  • From: "andrea wynn" <wynn72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:56:41 -0500

Amy--Another question about your question. Who are the students learning to teach writing to? If younger students, you could look at Atwell and the other book that I can see the cover of in my mind's eye, but can't remember who wrote it. You also might be able to pull form books designed to help writing center tutors, too, don't you think (I really don't know about that one, having never directed a writing center or read much lit directed to tutors)

I look for the other book title and author on my bookshelf this weekend

A2

From:  "Kathleen J. Klompien" <kklompien@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  Re: Peer review
Date:  Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:39:37 -0800

Still really really cool & I'm proud of you for speaking up vs. being pissed about them not thinking of you (the strategy I would most likely take!). I hope the class makes--that will show them that it really matters.
Do you have a more relaxed schedule like you did last term to give time to the diss or is it back to the grindstone full force this time?
--Kath

On 1/12/06, ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Cross Talk! Thanks, K, why didn't I think of that. Brufee is in there with "The Conversation of Mankind." Cool.

I got the course on a fluke. I was invited to an English dpt meeting to talk about the writing assessment tests (which I object to), bu the talk first turned to the curriculum. Teaching Writing has been on the books for years, but has only very occasionally been taught. A senior dpt member actually said, "It's a pity we don't have anyone really qualified to teach it." I cleared my throat and said, "Uh, hello? PhD in Composition right here."  Quite accidental, I assure you. They would have cut the class from the books if not for my happening to be there.

On 1/12/06, Kathleen J. Klompien <
kklompien@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
A,
How cool. How did you score that class--you totally deserve it, but it doesn't sound like something miserablecorida would do. I am tres jealous!
My books like that are back at school, I will look next week it it's not too late.  Nothing in Cross Talk?

--
It is a fearful thing

to love what death can touch.
--unknown