Re: Peer review

  • From: "Kathleen J. Klompien" <kklompien@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:38:55 -0800

Two other thoughts on this. You may need to look at peer review from a
writing groups perspecitve.  That way you could bring in Elbow--*Writing wo
Teachers *and there is a writing groups book by a biggie.  I don't have it
in my face at the moment, but it might be Gere.  I wrote an MA paper on the
topic.  If I find the paper--it's amazing what other things I can find to do
when I should be working on my proposal!--I will give you any other gems I
find.
I do find it interesting that all of the big wigs always think it's such a
great idea, but students don't tend to trust the process--similar to ways
they don't trust tutors.  I smell a good paper here....
Enough. Backt to work!

--
"Balance in life consists in pursuing work, love, and play in equal
measure."