Re: Peer review

  • From: ms lynch <amy.wordnerd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:35:43 -0500

I have assigned some Elbow, and I was hoping to find something that address
the downside, too, like students not trusting peer review, as you mention.
In fact, I think it will make for some interesting discussions--my students
are all undergrads who have had to dolots of peer reivew, and they mostly
hated it. Now they are preparing to be English teachers, and will most
likely make their students do peer review. I think we'll read about and
discuss pr, and then pr each other's latest drafts.

I just found a book chpt, and our library actually has it, that claims to be
an overview of pr types. We'll see.

The Gere book I have, Writing Groups, but I found it technical and rather
dull when I read it two years ago in preparation for the QP. Maybe it was my
frame of mind at the time, though, so I'll revisit it. Thanks!