[citw150] Re: CITW150 L3 Q5

  • From: Nicole Garrett <ngarrett404@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:52:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

  Porn is definetelly an issue that needs to be addressed.  I agree that the
xxx extention will help, but we all know how sneaky some porn sites are, the
most famous example being www.whitehouse.com.  They are obviously are hoping to
get accidental visitors.  I'll be curious to know how many pornographic sites
agree to have a xxx listing and how many still hope to gain clients by typos.

  -Nicole Garrett

Phillip Cook <drummin_philly@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  It is obvious that pornography has exploded over the recent years in the
internet. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions of web sites
dedicated to pornography and explicit material. Search engines such as google
had to set filters on searches so that the user can define whether they want
explicit images to display. With the massive number of pornographic images on
the web, now you don't even have to type in an explicit or vulgar word to get
porn images. Sometimes the filters don't even help. More recently, the idea of
a new file extension, .xxx specifically used for explicit sites is gaining
popularity. The ".xxx" file extension would ensure that school agencies and
government facilities can block out all .xxx sites, not just specific words
related to sites. It would easily identify any adult site.

http://www.ineedhits.com/free-tools/blog/2005/06/search-engines-and-technology-new-xxx.aspx

-Phillip Cook-

  Yahoo! Mail

 Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.