[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5 - Stalking

  • From: Angela Thelen <boys32.boys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:24:02 -0800 (PST)

I read about Cyberangels and thought it was great. I never really had thougth
about being stalked before on the Internet. I never go to chat rooms or
anything ofthat nature so I never worried about it. My eyes were opened on the
many different ways that you can be stalked online.

Valerie <valerie8019@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:    Stalking

  Stalking is a dangerous societal issue. With so much personal information on
the Internet today, it is becoming more and more common. If you are not
careful, a stalker can get personal information about you and use it to follow
and harrass you all over the Internet. We have all heard in the news about
people meeting up with people from online and end up missing, raped, or killed.
You can never know who is really on the other side of the computer screen.

  CyberAngels (http://www.cyberangels.org) is a website you can go to for
information on security, safety, and what to do if you are being stalked. It
also has a thing called Net Patrol, which searches the Internet for child
pornography, stalkers, scam artists, and other things that need to be removed
from the Internet.

    Valerie Tkaczyk
  valerie8019@xxxxxxxxx
  "Happiness depends upon ourselves."

  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.