[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5 - Stalking

  • From: lauren evans <laurenfire23@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:15:57 -0800 (PST)

 i think this was a very good topic. My friend just came in contact with one of
her old friends she hadnt talked too in 6 years. And althougth it was harmless
for her, somehow she found her phone number and address to her house online.
Thats really creepy considering who else could find it.
  lauren evans

Valerie <valerie8019@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    Stalking

  Stalking is a dangerous societal issue. With so much personal information on
the Internet today, it is becoming more and more common. If you are not
careful, a stalker can get personal information about you and use it to follow
and harrass you all over the Internet. We have all heard in the news about
people meeting up with people from online and end up missing, raped, or killed.
You can never know who is really on the other side of the computer screen.

  CyberAngels (http://www.cyberangels.org) is a website you can go to for
information on security, safety, and what to do if you are being stalked. It
also has a thing called Net Patrol, which searches the Internet for child
pornography, stalkers, scam artists, and other things that need to be removed
from the Internet.

    Valerie Tkaczyk
  valerie8019@xxxxxxxxx
  "Happiness depends upon ourselves."

  Yahoo! Autos. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new
and used cars.

The only acting you ever see at the Oscars is when people act like they're not
mad they lost. Nicole Kidman was smiling so wide, she should have won an Emmy
at the Oscars for her great performance. I was like, 'If you'd done that in the
movie, you'd have won an Oscar, girl!
-- Chris Rock

 Yahoo! Mail