[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5 Stalking

  • From: Deric <messagederic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:08:52 -0700 (PDT)

That is true. Too many people with too much time on their hands are psycho and
can stalk users online which really IS just as bad as physically stalking. Just
maybe not as life threatening.

-Deric

Michael Gallagher <mvgallag@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Stephanie,

I agree with you that too many people have way too much time on their hands and
Internet stalking is just as serious as it's physical counterpart.  The
Internet pretty much provides these "stalkers"  with free reign over their
victims, whether they are stalking them through emails or instant messaging.
Also I know of situations where females have had pictures of them stolen and
posted on websites which in my opinion is a very serious crime.  Hopefully they
will start bringing these whackos to justice.

Stephanie Terry <stephanie9431@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The societal issue I chose to research was "stalking". Stalking is just
like it is in real life, but on the internet. A person who is network saavy
can follow you around in the virtual world and see everywhere you go and all
that you type. They can send you messages and harrass you in chatrooms and
through e-mail. I believe that some people have way too much time on their
hands. This is how young girls and boys get themselves into trouble by not
knowing what to do in a situation like this or giving out too much
information. I found some more information on this at the following
website:

http://www.call-logging-uk.co.uk/calls/internet_stalking.html

Thanks!

Stephanie L. Terry
stephanie9431@xxxxxxxxxxx
"He serves his party best who serves the country best."
Inaugural Address, March 5, 1877.

Michael V. Gallagher
mvgallag@xxxxxxxxx
"The dead know only one thing:  it is better to be alive."  -Joker, Full Metal
Jacket

http://mail.yahoo.com