[citw150] Re: CITW 150 L3 Q5 Stalking

  • From: brandon mcnamara <bigmac48911@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

Stephanie,
Very well drawn out, i agree that stalking in and out of the virtual world is a
serious problem.  There are alot of people out there who are willing and
capable of some pretty terrible things.  It is a scary thing to have someone
watch everything you do.
Peace,

Stephanie Terry <stephanie9431@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The societal issue I chose to research was "stalking". Stalking is just
like it is in real life, but on the internet. A person who is network saavy
can follow you around in the virtual world and see everywhere you go and all
that you type. They can send you messages and harrass you in chatrooms and
through e-mail. I believe that some people have way too much time on their
hands. This is how young girls and boys get themselves into trouble by not
knowing what to do in a situation like this or giving out too much
information. I found some more information on this at the following
website:

http://www.call-logging-uk.co.uk/calls/internet_stalking.html

Thanks!

Stephanie L. Terry
stephanie9431@xxxxxxxxxxx
"He serves his party best who serves the country best."
Inaugural Address, March 5, 1877.

"Good times and Great oldies"
Brandon McNamara
bigmac48911@xxxxxxxxx