[citansdnd] Re: Low Magic Campaign

  • From: Diana Jakobs <diana.c.jakobs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citansdnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:03:02 -0800

Hmm, I'm of two minds on this one.  On one hand, that would make things
easier to run, on the other, while our bonus to damage & to hit ~may~ remain
similar to normal characters, we would lose out on the associated properties
& powers that some of the items bring.  Plus, some people may want to
rebuild their characters to match this setup if we went for that option.
I'd really need to check out this DMG2 option in detail, see how it
compensates for things.  If it is just equivalent to what monsters
intrinsically get, I think some tweaking would still need to be done with
some of the monsters to keep the balance right, if the option gives other
things... maybe extra powers or feat... it just depends.  Optional house
rules can be tricky, especially since this is a lot of people's first 4th
edition game.

My current (and initial) inclination is against it, but, I'm flexible.