[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <kellhart@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:09:29 -0500

Hi Anna,
The Lone Ranger was kind of a cultural icon for a generation or more here.
Unfortunately I can't tell you anything about it because I'm too young to
have seen the TV shows or heard the radio dramas. When I have a literature
assignment what I often do if I want more info on a book is go online and
search Google for the title of the book, or the title of the particular
story, that I'm reading. You do find a lot of sales sites, but you'll often
find sites with commentary on the plot, characters, background, etc. That
should give you some ideas at least. Knowing the cultural context of a work
is very helpful for trying to understand its purpose. Actually, it surprises
me a little that this is assigned for a class, although I don't know why.
<grin>
Hth,
Kellie