[bookshare-discuss] Re: The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven

  • From: "Stu Turk" <sturk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:07:09 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ann Parsons" <akp@xxxxxxxxx>

> I haven't read the stories, and I hesitate to say anything, but The
> Lone Ranger's sidekick was called Tonto, not Torro.  Tonto used to
> call the Lone Ranger Que No Sabe, He who knows nothing.  Tonto was

    Kemo sabe.  Translates to True Friend or trusted Friend.  And I'd Call
Tonto his partner, not sidekick.
    In the original story which was in book or magazine form and which the
radio and TV series were spin-offs of, a group of Texas Rangers were
ambushed and left for dead by out laws.  Tonto found them, buried the dead
and nursed the only one still alive back to health.  That one became the
Lone Ranger and set out to track down the outlaws who had ambushed his
group.