[bookshare-discuss] Re: Scanner question

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:42:22 -0400

Hi, Nicki. I'm very happy with the Canon LIde series of scanners. I own the 30, and I have friends who own the 60 and 70. This scanner is light and slim enough to go into a laptop case, and yet it's the right size to scan a normal sheet of paper or standard book. It runs on your USB port without the need for a power cord going to an outlet. It's fast and produces clear scans. The price is usually around $80, and mine is four years old now with very heavy use. It's still ticking. (grin) I've heard a lot of good things about the OpticBook 3600 which is a book edge scanner. I haven't actually used one though and don't know if your version of Openbook would support it. The Canon scanners work with all versions of Openbook very nicely.

Monica Willyard, rhyami@xxxxxxxxx