[bookshare-discuss] Re: Scanner question

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jakeab2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:28:07 -0600

Hi Patti,
    Yes OpenBook does occasionally do this. Another one of the quirks
Freedom Scientific needs to work out of the program. I've yet to figure out
why the simplest things in OpenBook haven't been updated. For example the
Open and Save Common dialogues are running on preVisual Basic version 6
which if memory serves me correctly came out in 2000 or 2001? FS I think
really needs to just overhall the program. Updating these dialogues is just
one of the many small things that could make the program so much more
appealing.

Jake