[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:40:38 -0400

Hi, all. I just submitted FIRE BY NIGHT by Lynn Austin, courtesy of Lissi.
It took me forever to get around to doing this, but once I started, I
couldn't put it down. I read it completely through, so it should be quite
easy for whoever finds this topic interesting. I loved it. Anyway, the book
jacket and front and back flaps are pasted below to give you an idea of what
the book is about.
One DECEIVED by a life of wealth and ease, the other DESPERATE to flee her
true identity. In a land SHATTERED by war, unlikely heroes test the limits
of their strength and discover that LOVE has a meaning far beyond their
imagination.
In this thrilling historical novel, Christy Award-winning author Lynn Austin
weaves together the stories of two very different Northern girls whose
hearts and lives are changed forever by the Civil War.
Beautiful Julia Hoffman has always lived a carefree life. When she discovers
that the man she's had her eye on thinks she's spoiled, she's determined to
prove him wrong. She defies her family and becomes a Union nurse, spending
her days helping suffering soldiers get well-and finding healing for her own
heart. Meanwhile,   Phoebe's   three   brothers   have enlisted in the Army
and left her behind to work for cruel Mrs. Haggerty-even though she's the
best shot of the bunch. Tall and strong, Phoebe would rather fight. So she
leaves under cover of night, cuts her hair and joins the army under false
pretenses. In disguise, she finally feels free to be herself and discovers
that she is worthy of love and friendship. But will she ever see herself the
way her Heavenly Father does?
Julie Morales
Email:
mercy421@xxxxxxxxxxx