[bookshare-discuss] Re: Just submitted

  • From: "Hope Hein" <hmhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:24:38 -0400

Cool!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Julie Morales
  To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 6:28 AM
  Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  Hi, all. I've just submitted A WOMAN NAMED DAMARIS by Janette Oke. It's
another one of excellent quality. I've completely read it through, so I can be
fairly certain of that, although it does have some dialect in it, as well, just
as the first one I submitted did, but the rating is definitely excellent. I
submitted it as an RTF file. Below is the book jacket information for anyone
who might be interested:
  The trauma of her father coming home drunk and mean

  had been repeated as long as Damaris could remember. The

  idea that she no longer needs to tolerate this, that she's old

  enough to manage on her own, is planted in her mind and

  grows. When the opportunity to run away arrives, she

  carries with her the strength of her mother's love.

  But Damaris can't escape the "aloneness" that haunts her life or the
bitterness she feels when she sees others suffering,

  particularly children. Two treasures hidden for years from her father are
Damaris' only legacy from her past. That and her name. Her mother said it had a
special meaning that she

  can no longer remember. What difference might it make?

  Very good book, so whoever wants it, have fun! Take care.

  Julie Morales
  inlovewithchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Windows/MSN Messenger (but not email):
  mercy0421@xxxxxxxxxxx