[bookport] Re: only feature I don't like

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:17:25 +1200

Hi Steve and list:

I agree with your points. Regarding the help system, when that thread was
going around, I did not comment but privately thought putting in such a help
system would be a waste of space. Then a couple of days later, I find myself
travelling out of town, without access to a PC or internet, and wanting to
know how a new feature worked that I had not investigated before. That
experience turned me around on the value of a help system. In this instance,
I correctly guessed how to make the page number feature function. But still
had to wait until I had on line access again to verify my thinking with the
official documentation.

Regarding the max volume, I also use a variety of output choices. Terie made
a very good point about using it for checking questionable headphones
yesterday. If you want to make it more difficult to access, to avoid
unintentional access, that is fine. But remember that would result in the
Bookport becoming a less useable device for those with manual limitations.
Above all, functionality should never be jeopardised for the sake of
convenience.

Cheers,
Dave