[bookport] Re: life of a cf card

  • From: James Nuttall <jnuttallphd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:53:06 -0700 (PDT)

I agree Chris. CDs are all ready going out as far as young people are
concerned. They are buying their music from the internet. We use to have 5
music "CD" stores in town. Now all of them are out of business. Also one of the
great reasons I like my BP is the ability to back up and relisten to something
again. One could do this with tapes too. But you can't back up a CD. The NLS
will have a player that allows good navigation like the BP. Since I started
listening to books with mp3 players and now the BP I don't like tapes or CDs
any more. mp3 players and the BP just allow for much more navigation.
Jim Nuttall

Chris Hill <hillco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm sure that would make a difference as well. I'm glad they skipped
the cd idea altogether, it is a 20-year-old medium and I doubt if
it'll be around in another ten.