[bookport] Re: life of a cf card

  • From: "Walt Smith" <ka3agm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:03:54 -0400

Professionals like news photographers who use digital cameras probably have
more activity on a CF card in a month than anyone on this list will have in
a year. The simple fact is that there is absolutely no predictability factor
where CF cards are concerned and unless you have mean-time-to-failure (mtf)
data from card manufacturers, this is all merely episodic information or
outright gossip.