[bookport] recording problem may be a software problem

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 13:17:37 -0400

You may remember me writing yesterday about the problems I was having recording. As it turns out I checked with a friend with a bookport and had him play around with recording and his bookport locked up, he couldn't get out of the memo folder and the unit said recording paused when he tried to read a file.
I get the feeling that many bookport users don't bother with recording anything. Even though the quality is not the best I think it would be quite handy if it worked reliably. So I guess what I am asking is for a few people to thoroughly test the recording feature to see if their unit eventually crashes or otherwise goes nuts. If it is a problem with the latest beta, how about a straight answer as to whether it is possible to downgrade the firmware to the latest stable release.