[bookport] Re: bookport needs a speaker:

  • From: "Richard Ring" <ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:24:09 -0500

If you cannot hear, then there would be precious little reason to
purchase the device.
First of all, even assuming it worked with a Braille display, what would
be the point?  Why not read text files on your computer?  It would make
little sense to hook this device to a Braille display.  I would imagine
that were someone to be deaf blind, they should find many more features
available to them with a portable notetaker like the Braille Note or the
Pac Mate or the Braille Sense.